Safety is Important
Hello Pine Cove Friends,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Now that finals are over I’m sure you are eagerly anticipating your upcoming trip with Commission Camping. This January marks the start of the eleventh year for Pine Cove to travel and influence numerous lives in Central and South America through the ministry of Christian Camping, Pine Cove style.
As you know, we desire to be a ministry that is marked by excellence and safety. This year we have 11 trips taking 180 Pine Cove staffers to 8 countries. We continue to partner with Christian Camping International (CCI) Latin America through our relationship with their Executive Director, Robert Bruneau and his capable team. This fall we helped you with the details of prayerfully raising the money for this trip. Now we want to help you see some of the things we have been doing to help make this a safe trip. I also want to encourage you to pass this information along to family members and friends who may have questions about the trip.
- We have performed an exhaustive analysis of the risks and safety conditions on the ground for all trips. While there is always an inherent risk when traveling internationally to third world countries, we feel very good about the preparations and precautions taken for your trip.
- Each trip will be led by two full time Pine Cove staff who will provide daily blog updates for each team at: missiontrips.pinecove.com.
- Transportation and on the ground leadership/guides will be CCI associates who live in the country and are intimately acquainted with the culture and the appropriate safety precautions for each camping location and all nearby cities.
- We will preform intensive safety and risk awareness training with each and every member of the commission camping team prior to leaving as well as provide regular safety reminders during the trip.
- Prior to our arrival, we will be notifying the US embassy in each country with our specific travel plans, locations, and names of all those who are on the trip.
- Pine Cove has purchased a 3rd party medical and evacuation insurance for everyone on each trip.
We take these trips because we truly believe in the Acts 1:8 mandate and that Pine Cove exists to be used by God to transform the lives of people for His purposes and His glory. Please be praying for the safety and success of all our trips. Christian camping continues to be a highly effective vehicle for God’s redemptive work; both here in the US and in lands far away. I can’t wait to hear the stories of life transformation.
Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships