We are on our way to the camp. Big Yellow is taking us there. The local leaders and staffers have gotten on the bus with us and begun to interact with them. We are trying to learn Spanish as fast as we can!
Today we will begin orientation. This will be the time that we have with them to better explain who we are as Pine Cove, why we do the things we do, and some of the important parts of how camp and ministry can be tied together.
The cool thing about the staff is that they have been preparing for this time for a long time now. In the months that we are not here, they have training sessions to learn how to lead kids in a way that is glorifying to God. It is mostly in a classroom type of training. And this week will be a time for them to real life and hands on training. They will get to put into practice what they have been learning.
So in this we ask you to pray for some things for the staff. Both local and Pine Cove staff.
1. That staffers remember their prior training.
2. That the leaders teach in a way that is engaging for everyone to learn.
3. That staff ask questions when they don’t understand.
4. That the translators can express more than words and the passion that we have for ministry!
5. That as the kids are still being found for camp tomorrow and packing their bags today, God will prepare their hearts to His will!
6. That we as Pine Cove staff can be full of energy and health as we begin camp.
We are so excited!