Hey friends! It’s Emma here and we are at the end of our first full day of camp! Today we can already tell that our relationships with the campers and our co-counselors are growing stronger.
This morning after breakfast we all spread out and had our quiet times throughout camp. It was incredible to be sitting outside and see around 60 kids that were completely absorbed in spending time with the Father. Later in the morning we had Bible study, which lasted for 2 hours. We were all so impressed that these kids were willing to spend so much time studying the Word together.
Our main role this week is to provide energy and support our Paraguayan co-counselors. They are doing an incredible job with camp and it’s humbling to realize that they don’t actually need us to run camp. There have been many sweet moments of connection with our co-counselors and campers, especially through simple things like dancing and making bracelets.
Throughout the day we did typical camp activities like games, arts and crafts, swimming, and my personal favorite…Pine Cove dances! The language barrier is still a struggle in many situations, but we’re learning that you don’t have to speak the same language as someone in order to bond with them.
1. That God would work past our language barrier to develop deep relationships between us and our national staff and our campers.
2. For the redemptive love of Jesus to be communicated through more than our words.
3. That campers hearts would be softened to hear the gospel and repent and turn to Jesus.
4. For God to reveal new and wonderful things to our team during our time here (thankful for the gift of being in a new place to have fresh perspective as we start the year).
5. That God would multiply our rest and energy and health!