Letter from “Dutch” to the Team
Well, it is almost that time! Our teams are getting more and more excited as the departure for our trips quickly approach. This Thursday, we will all be gathering together in Dallas to unite and prepare for our adventure in Latin America! As part of our preparation, we received a letter from Dutch containing more information about what is to come. Feel free to check it out for yourself:
Hello Pine Cove Friends!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Now that your finals are over I’m sure you are eagerly anticipating your upcoming trip with Commission Camping. This January marks the start of the tenth year for Pine Cove to travel and influence numerous lives in Central and South America through the ministry of Christian Camping, Pine Cove style.
As you know, we desire to be a ministry that is marked by excellence and safety. This year we have 11 trips taking 180 Pine Cove staffers to 8 countries. We continue to partner with Christian Camping International (CCI) Latin America through our relationship with their Executive Director, Robert Bruneau and his capable team.
This fall we helped you with the details of prayerfully raising the money for this trip. Now we want to help you see some of the things we have been doing to help make this a safe trip. I also want to encourage you to pass this information along to family members and friends who may have questions about the trip.
- We have performed an exhaustive analysis of the risks and safety conditions on the ground for all trips. While we feel very good about the preparations and precautions taken for your trip, there is an inherent risk when traveling internationally to third world countries.
- Each trip will be led by full time Pine Cove staff (who will provide daily update blogs for each team at missiontrips.pinecove.com) and all trips are traveling to countries that we have taken Commission Camping trips to before.
- Transportation and on the ground leadership/guides will be CCI associates who live in the country and are intimately acquainted with the culture and the appropriate safety precautions for each camping location and all nearby cities.
- We will be emailing country specific trip itineraries to you prior to your trips departure.
- We will perform intensive safety and risk awareness training with each and every member of the commission camping team prior to leaving as well as provide regular safety reminders during the trip.
- Prior to our arrival, we will be notifying the US embassy in each country with our specific travel plans, locations and names of all of those who are on the trip.
- Pine Cove has purchased 3rd party medical and evacuation insurance for everyone on each trip.
We take these trips because we truly believe in the Acts 1:8 mandate and that Pine Cove exists to be used by God to transform the lives of people for His purposes and His Glory. Please be praying for the safety and success of all of our trips.
Christian camping continues to be a highly effective vehicle for God’s redemptive work; both here in the US and in lands far away. I can’t wait to hear the stories of life transformation.
Chasing What Matters!
Craig “Dutch” Langemeier
Senior Director of Ministries